Saturday 4 February 2006

Some six months ago, in my very first post on Wenlock I said:
I am currently working on a Romantic Regency Romp, James Bond meets Georgette Heyer, complete with fireworks and at least one elephant.
Rather a presumptious statement, now I look back on it.

James Bond was, of course, the creation of Ian Fleming. Ian Fleming's literary agent was a man called Peter Janson-Smith. In 2003 he joined up with Peter Buckman to form the Ampersand Agency. The most notable name on their client list is (the estate of) Georgette Heyer.

At some point soon another name will be going up on that client list - mine. Having started by claiming literary kinship with two of the most popular authors of the last 50 years, I now find myself represented by an agency with strong connections to both.

Which is nice.

2 comments:

Gabriele Campbell said...

That's a nice connection indeed.

Douglas Hoffman said...

How many elephants?

Congrats on the top notch representation, Stephen. It must feel great!