1. Delve into my blog archive.
2. Find my 23rd post (or closest to).
3. Find the fifth sentence (or closest to).
4. Post the text of the sentence in my blog along with these instructions. Ponder it for meaning, subtext or hidden agendas...
5. Tag five people to do the same.
My 23rd post was a Regency Slang term of the day, so I am going to go with my 22nd post instead.
This post followed on from a post which was probably not my wisest, dissing an author for being a Romance denier (she has now made it clear that I was being unfair on her). The follow-on post was about the idea of having Romantic "fringe" festivals around the edge of Literary Festivals. It's an idea that I have yet to do anything with, but I still think that it's a good one.
The 5th sentence reads:
Trouble is I can't lay my hands on my copy of John Carey's The Intellectuals and the Masses, which has lots of good stuff vaguely connected to this theme.Which is quite spooky, because on Sunday, having hunted high and low through my bookshelves (and in the study the shelves go up to a 10 foot ceiling) I biked into Oxford and blew a small fortune on books, including a copy of that very book.
Now, who to tag? I would like to nominate Julie Cohen, Alex Bordessa, Kate Allan, Niles and Nell Dixon.