Saturday 28 January 2006

My agent called me yesterday to say that the Agency has changed their mind.

Instead of waiting to see how I got on with the suggestions for rewrites, and then, if all has gone well, to sign me up, they have decided to take me on anyway, right now. The letter is in the post.

Originally the plan was for me not to send anything in before the middle of March, because my agent would be far too busy dealing with the London Book Fair. The new plan is, if I can manage it, for me to send at least the first couple of chapters by mid-February, ahead of the London Book Fair, so that my agent can tout Lord Alexander's Cipher; or, the Bridekirk Behemoth around editors at the ExCel Centre in London's happening Docklands.

I don't know what has triggered this latest development, but I am very happy about it.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Conngratulations - the wait to read your masterpiece appears to have reduced. Well done - in between the re-writing enjoy a glass of wine!

Niles said...

What fantastic news!

Annette said...

congratulations stephen,I am so pleased for you.

Alex Bordessa said...

Wow, wow, and er, wow :-) You must be thrilled. Good luck with the re-writes and here's hoping the Behemoth be sold very soon!!!!

Gabriele Campbell said...

Wow, indeed.

Big Conga Rats.

Frank said...

Fantastic! Congrats.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Many congarats - that's fabulous news!

Amanda Ashby said...

Congratulations on getting your agent! And perhaps they hurried things along because they've had a tip off that elephants are coming back into vogue? Mind you, I'm not sure they were ever out, but whatever the reason, it's still very exciting

Carla said...

Congratulations!

Nell Dixon said...

Fantastic news!!! Congratulations!!

Saskia Walker said...

Fantastic news, Stephen. I'm so pleased for you.